• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP. ERROR. Big grey areas in the stage view and auto-complete layers with nothing.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, without reason, animate started to look very strange, the brush created horizontal lines:

1.jpg

It seems it fixes disabling "zoom size with stage", but now in the stage view it creates a big grey area:

(Edit: after a while, even with "zoom size with stage" disable, the error appears with another form (a little bit farther of the brush):

InstantGif_2020.01.29-12.27.gif

This is the big grey area mentioned:

InstantGif_2020.01.29-11.07.gif

Edit: Another error appears, Animate shut out and when I opened it all the layers auto-complete with nothing, even the keyframes where have a symbol on it or a draw, they put a "nothing" thing.

InstantGif_2020.01.29-12.12.gif

Hopefully, it seems you can delete them creating empty keyframes and dragging it into the holes of the layers you didn't use, but is really annoying.

I have Windows and Adobe Animate and Creative Cloud are updated.

Hope someone can help me, thanks!

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Solved! 

Solution: I created a new file and copied everything over into it. Apparently the file I was working with was corrupted.

Things I tried first that didn't work:

1. I removed Animate and reinstalling. That didn't work.
  2. I updated all divers. That also didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If it was working OK before and it suddenly started behaving strangely you can try to uninstall and reinstall Animate.

If it still does these amazing tricks I'd suspect either driver issues or a hardware problem with your computer. Can be graphics card or RAM. You can check your RAM with MemTest86.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! 

Solution: I created a new file and copied everything over into it. Apparently the file I was working with was corrupted.

Things I tried first that didn't work:

1. I removed Animate and reinstalling. That didn't work.
  2. I updated all divers. That also didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you did it! I was frustrated by this kind of problem then (it wasn't just one minimal problem...) so I just moved to another software. I think that maybe your solution will be something hard with big projects because when I tried to copy big pieces of frames in Animate, most of the time it froze, but better than nothing...

Thanks for your answer, hope it helps someone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines