Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with simple animations for a home page image

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

I am building a small website through Squarespace to replace my old one. My home page is an image I drew, then traced into Adobe Illustrator, now I need to add color, I'll probably use Photoshop. When finished I will have some very simple parts of my illustration animated, like a shadow figure of a person moving, or a star moving across a screen for an example. 

What's the best way to tackle this, as far as software? I imagine saving it as a gif then? I've done this but its been years and looking for the best and simplest route. 

Thanks for your help in advance, 

Phillip

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, animate can create you're home page because it can publish html/js files.

or, if you want to integrate that animation into your home page a gif may be adequate, and animate can publish that too.

p.s. animate can also publish video, and after effects is designed to add effects to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gifs are great. Just use them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GIF, as others said, will work but it depends on how big/reponsive your site is and quality of the image/animation. Need to see your actual design I think.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines