• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden layers

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a weird thing:  I have two layers, locked and hidden;  I have a movieclip symbol that's supposed to bounce through the piece.  But, when I use Test Movie to preview my animation, they show up.  Worse yet, my movieclip symbol doesn't move when I save as an animated GIF...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding layers will only hide themduring authoring - you could make those layers be Guide Layers and they would not be output. As for the MoivieClip nested animation ot playing back in the GIF... change its behaviour to that of a Graphic Symbol and then it should render the internal animation on output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured it out...  When I simply used the Export/Export Animated GIF, I got no motion from neither my movieclip symbol *nor* a Graphic symbol version of the same loop I wanted to use.  I tried different formats of exporting/publishing but when I used Export/Export Video/Media and chose and Animated GIF there - my looping symbol worked, even as a movieclip.  

So much more to learn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Besides the guide approach mentioned by Joseph, it's possible to prevent Animate from publishing hidden layers by going to File > Publish Settings... (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + F12) and unchecking Include hidden layers.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines