• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit the shape of a brush stroke

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying animate for the first time. I've following this tutorial and have gotten stuck on a couple things.

First, when I create a brush stroke with Fluid Brush Tool and hover over the edge there isn't a way to edit the outline of the shape similar to the video. How do I edit the shape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-woaDyBXkyU&t=1086s

Second, hitting the "v" tool does not allow me to edit/delete parts of the shape created with the Fluid Brush Tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-woaDyBXkyU&t=1190s

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. make sure object drawing is NOT selected

kglad_0-1648826953756.png

2. using the keyboard to select tools requires using keyboard shortcuts.  by default, v is the shortcut for the selection tool.  when you press v, is the selection tool highlighted:

kglad_1-1648827174094.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if Object Drawing mode is on - you can still edit the shape (as long as the OD container isn't actively selected). But yeah, I can't seem to figure how this doesn't work for the OP.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to reproduce your inability to edit the shapes created with the Fluid Brush tool. I have tried using the Object Drawing mode and can still edit with the Selection tool and Sub-Selection tool. We may need more info but not sure what info specifically. It's hard to imagine you can't edit a simple shape.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines