• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make objects disappear and reappear in flash?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm trying to make stars twinkle in and out of existence. I'm pretty new to flash. How would I go about have a bunch of small stars disappear and then reappear in each frame, switching back and forth? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Hi.

Your star can be a Graphic or MovieClip in which you have a timeline animation with keyframes at the following times:

0s -> star alpha is 100%;

1s -> star alpha is 0%;

2s -> star alpha is 0%;

3s -> star alpha is 100%;

4s -> star alpha is 100%;

Then you right-click between the keyframes and choose a tween type of your choice.

After setting the star animation, you go to the main timeline, create as many stars as you want, randomizing their size, position, and alpha.

Finally you distribute them to diffe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Your star can be a Graphic or MovieClip in which you have a timeline animation with keyframes at the following times:

0s -> star alpha is 100%;

1s -> star alpha is 0%;

2s -> star alpha is 0%;

3s -> star alpha is 100%;

4s -> star alpha is 100%;

Then you right-click between the keyframes and choose a tween type of your choice.

After setting the star animation, you go to the main timeline, create as many stars as you want, randomizing their size, position, and alpha.

Finally you distribute them to different layers and set each one to start and end at different keyframes.

Hopefully it will give you the desired effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% of what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alpha.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that.
I've actually discovered that for what I'm doing - making PSDs appear and disappear for some end credits - that Premiere Pro is a good way to do it. But I definitely want to get back into Animate.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just realised why I was confused: I thought the image in question was labelled 'Star Alpha', as in our near neighbour Alpha Centauri . . . or Moonbase Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines