• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Merge Objects from Two Different Layers into One Movieclip and Keep Layer Arrangement?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using HTML5 Canvas/Createjs for this project.

Hello all, I have an graphic on a topmost layer and one on a very bottom layer. I want to somehow merge these together into a single, draggable movieclip while still keeping them on their respective layers so that the image on the bottom layer will stay behind other layers while the one on the top layer will stay in front of everything else. Is this possible? 

When I tried merging layers using the "Convert Layers to Symbol" option, it just merged everything together on the topmost layer and didn't keep the layer order.

I was trying to create two separate movieclips on the top and bottom layers and put those into a draggable container, but I'm running into some trouble with getting that to work also.

Here's what I have so far with the movieclip on the top layer being named "top" and the one on the bottom layer being named "bottom." Both movieclips are already placed on the stage on their respective layers. I'm very new to createjs, and I apologize in advance.

createjs.Ticker.on("tick", tick);

var c = new createjs.Container().set({x:200,y:200});
c.addChild(this.top);
c.addChild(this.bottom);

stage.addChild(c);

var offset = new createjs.Point();
c.on("mousedown", function(event) {
	offset.setValues(stage.mouseX-c.x, stage.mouseY-c.y);
});

c.on("pressmove", function(event) {
  c.x = stage.mouseX - offset.x; 
  c.y = stage.mouseY - offset.y;
});

function tick(event) {
    stage.update(event);
}

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for reading.

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually managed to resolve this by just moving the pieces relative to each other on the same layer! Please disregard this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines