HTML canvas export doesn't work on pc's navigators but works on Mac.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I use Animate version 21.0.4 on Mac to publish HTML canvas interactive animation. The animation is published on local server.
When I double click on the published folder html from macintosh desktops : no problem. The animation and interactions are correctly displayed.

When I double click on the html from Windows desktops (Windows 10) : problem. The animation isn't displayed after the loading icon stops playing. I have a blank page.

Anyone has the same issue ?
I'm upgrading to Animate version 21.0.9 for new test.

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021
Ok I've found the problem and fixed it. The issue is with special characters on file names in the document library ! With macintosh that's not a problem but in Windows, that's a real issue. So if you have the same problem, just go into your Animate document library and just rename every file with special characters. Save and publish. The html will play both in Mac and Windows navigators.Maybe that could be fixed in Animate program ? If so, please developpers think about special characters. Some ...

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I've found the problem and fixed it.
The issue is with special characters on file names in the document library !
With macintosh that's not a problem but in Windows, that's a real issue.
So if you have the same problem, just go into your Animate document library and just rename every file with special characters. Save and publish.
The html will play both in Mac and Windows navigators.

Maybe that could be fixed in Animate program ? If so, please developpers think about special characters. Some countries use them 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines