Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Audio Component stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Animate 21.0.0

I downloaded an installed the HTML5 Audio component.

I used it for several Audio files in different projects.(5 projects total)
It worked okay  but kept deleting the audio files when I published or tested the file. So I replaced them from backups. It finds the audio and plays when testing so I uploaded it to my website. It works fine.

Then I upgraded my Animate to 21.0.1.

Now the audio works when testing, but stops working  when I upload it to my website.

I have created 2 project since the upgrade. Neither player can find the audio files after all files are uploaded. I hope itis not the Audio component compatibility Animate 21.0.1. But that is the only thing  that has changed. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I figured it out. The audio files were in a folder named "Assets".  I decided to look at the js file to see where it was looking for them on the server. Although the folder was named "Assets" as I browsed for it. Animate was writing "assets" in the js file. So locally with Windows it still found the files but when I uploaded it to my Linux server it could not find the file. Strange thing is, Animate wrote "assets" instead of "Assets" when it created the js file. I am good to go now. Just thought I would share this in case it comes up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for adding in the solution - always so helpful for others who might have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines