• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I believe I just deleted an entire project by accident, but I'm trying to get it back.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I made a project
  • Animate crashed
  • It re-opened as a recovery file and I kept using and saving on the recovery file for a long time, finding it in the "Recent projects" tab in Animate
  • Anmate kept crashing so I uninstalled and reinstalled it
  • That fixed the crashing problem, but now the project is gone
  • I searched for my project but couldn't find it
  • I search for a solution and now I learned that recovery files are kept in Adobe/.../Configuration
  • I believe that means I deleted the entire project now that I uninstalled and reinstalled Animate

Is there no way to fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, try to find the file(s) system-wide using the search function in your OS.

If that fails: use an undelete utility to attempt to find the deleted file(s). Best to avoid using your computer, and preferably download the utility on a different computer, save on a usb drive/key, and run it directly from there on your computer. Then check if it can find your deleted file(s) and undelete them.

KickAss Undelete may be able to retrieve it:

http://kickassundelete.sourceforge.net/

Failing that, your file(s) are lost, unless you kept backups. You did keep backups, right? It seems you did not. 

Your files are lost then.

In any case, you have learned a couple of very important lessons:

1. Never ever use the single recovery file to keep working. Save a new version someplace else.
  2. Never ever lose track of where your files are saved. Create a project folder for each project, and keep all project related assets and files in that folder. Do not mindlessly rely on software to do this for you.
  3. Never ever keep working with one single file. Create new versions when you hit a milestone. V1, V2, V3, etc. to avoid losing all your work to a corrupted file.
  4. Never ever forget to create regular backups of your important working files. Install some kind of automated backup tool that does this automatically for you while your work or at the end of a session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines