• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Just lost a months worth of adobe animate files ):

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe animate 2021 will not open. I checked program files on my PC and it wasn't anywhere to be seen. adobe animate 2020 works just fine, but most of my animations are on adobe animate 2021. If there is a way to transfer files across versions or recover the files that would be great.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been using animate before adobe bought it (flash) from macromedia and it's never removed any files.  i've also been active on the adobe flash/animate forums for almost over 18 years and never heard of flash/animate deleting anyone else's files.  ie, adobe animate (any version) won't remove any files. 

if (any version) of animate crashes while a fla is open, that one fla file could become corrupted and become a 0 btye file, but it still exists and its file name is still listed by the computer's file browser.  (and if you periodically save your fla's while working in animate and use some kind of versioning system, eg appending a changing version number to the file name, you won't lose much work for any projects even if animate crashes).

so, what exactly do you think is missing from your computer file system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind I think I fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please let us know how you fixed it in the event someone else experiences the same issue.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines