• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import video do html5 canvas project.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that animate does not support video import. So I have a problem, I'm writing a stand alone application using html5 canvas to be run on a browser. I will make an .exe file that when opened it will open a browser and run in it.

The thing is that in this "aplication" there are videos. I can't put an internet url because there won't be internet access and I can't set a local URL because it will be different then the one on my machine (it would be used in multiple computers across the city).

I also read that embedding a video in the project has a lot of bugs (audio sync, project size, etc...).

Is there a way to have a video file play in html5 canvas that doesn't require internet access and a way to always keep the local url the same so the project can find the file?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

then you're bundling more than one file (possibly in a compressed file format that would, when decompressed, maintain file/folder structure. 

in that case, just use the canvas video component and use a relative (instead of absolute) path to your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. how are you going to force your exe to open in a browser?

2. why bother doing that if you're creating an exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I expressed myself correctly. I would have an icon on the desktop that when double clicked would execute the animate project and run it in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then you're bundling more than one file (possibly in a compressed file format that would, when decompressed, maintain file/folder structure. 

in that case, just use the canvas video component and use a relative (instead of absolute) path to your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines