• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a drawing from Adobe Fresco to Adobe Animate.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm really new to this and I'm really struggling to even start using Adobe Animate. I've drawn a picture in Adobe Fresco in both one picture and also in layers. I believe that I need to then save the picture with the layers as a .bmp file and then import it into Animate....but I cannot for the life of me work out how to save it as a .bmp. I have JPEG and 3 other Adobe Photoshop file types when I come to 'Export' it. I've attached the file but even though it should be in layers it imports it as only one layer. Please can someone help me as I am really frustrated with this.

Also, are there any recommendations for how to learn using the software as I am helping my son with this and although I am computer literate as I work in IT, this is a whole new world to me!

Thanks in advance.

Carl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what you attached is a jpg so of course it only imports as one layer. Try importing the PSD file into Animate or export every layer as a PNG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/publish-export-share.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to export from Fresco to a format that supports layers - PSD is what you want. Once you have it on the device running Animate, Import the PSD into a new document and that will prompt the PSD import wizard. Go ahead and import all layers (all visible layers will be checked) and you will see all Fresco layers with artwork on individual layers in Animate.

Now from there, animating your artwork depends on a number of factors and techniques too lengthy to type out here. But there are countless tutorials on YouTube as to how to animate in Animate (formerly Flash). I have a bunch that might help you get started...

https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisgeorgenes

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines