Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing video into a button

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i've worked with importing audio directly into the 'down' frame in buttons and i've worked with coding buttons to play certain frames on the timeline, but i can't seem use either of those skills to make a video play when a button is clicked. my prof gave this instructional video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5e68WJAkDU. i've precisely followed these steps to import both onto the timeline and directly into the video button, but neither location works on the stage or in the .swf test run (which is what i submit to my prof). my video is an mp4 which has been encoded with the h.264 formatting. i can't find any reason for it to not work. i'm not sure what else to do. file is attached.

thank youuu

j

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm haven't watched that youtube, and importing into a button just sounds screwy, but if you import a video to a timeline and code your button to play that timeline, that shoudl work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines