Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue: Capital letters in spritsheets name

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When I export Image assets as Spritesheet, the outcoming file contains always Capital letters, ex: risk_intro_aar_pr_atlas_NP_1.jpg The same filename you can find several places in the following js file.
The problem is that my customer does not want files containing Capital letters on his server.
If I rename the file name to ***_atlas_np_1.jpg my animation will not play since the js file calls the ***_atlas_NP.

Is this a way to get rid of those capital letters once for all? I work with e-learning and the courses I work with contain many js and atlas - files. I can not go through all my files, both jpg, and js, and change all the capital letters every time I publish my files ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

that was helpful.

you're publishing both an jpg and png spreedsheet and that causes the additional P/NP (to the png/jpg, resp) spreedsheet names.

to remedy, untick the option to publish both, file>publish settings>image settings>format

Screenshot - 11_5_2020 , 5_48_23 AM.png

p.s. i have no idea why animate does that.  maybe to make it obvious which is Png and Not Png?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i never see that.

first, if i right click a library item>click generate spritesheet i can control the file name and location.

second, if i set my publish settings to export images as a spritesheet, the spritesheet is named the same as the fla with _atlas_1 appended.

so how are you generating a spritesheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, take a look at the attached picture. I mean there is nothing wrong with the names of files or graphics/photos. I don't know why/where this NP (or P if the sprite sheetcontains png) comes from.
If I know what NP/P stands for, maybe I could find a solution.
Thank you very much for your time 🙂2020-11-05_09-20-55_atlas_NP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was helpful.

you're publishing both an jpg and png spreedsheet and that causes the additional P/NP (to the png/jpg, resp) spreedsheet names.

to remedy, untick the option to publish both, file>publish settings>image settings>format

Screenshot - 11_5_2020 , 5_48_23 AM.png

p.s. i have no idea why animate does that.  maybe to make it obvious which is Png and Not Png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.
Actually, I've had the same thought and tested it. I've got the **atlas_1.jpg (or png). 
I wonder what to do if I have both formats (and I have those in some cases)? Why capital letters, Adobe? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you want to publish both, publish twice; once with the png setting and once with the jpg setting.

but if you want to use both with one published js file, you would need to do some editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines