• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with importing dotted line sequence from illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, currently doing an animation project and am attempting to transfer over an artboard from Adobe Illustrator. I have no problem with any of the vector's except a series of dotted line sequences. If I drag and drop the svg into Animate, the lines remain vector's but are missing over half the dots. If I try to copy and paste, this also seems to happen. I messed around with the copy/paste options and at one point was able to paste the whole sequence, but there were still issues with it in that the dots became blurry. 

Any suggestions on what to do to resolve this is appreciated. Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Thank you for your prompt reply - I stumbled upon this link after posting my initial question: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/importing-ai-circle-lined-dots-gets-broken/td-p/12006226

Someone had the same issue I was. I followed the steps listed above and was able to continue on with my project without issue. 

Take care,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Are the dotted line sequences actual strokes? Because if so you're gonna have to convert them to outlines. Illustrator has tons of very complex effects that are not supported by Animate.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply - I stumbled upon this link after posting my initial question: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/importing-ai-circle-lined-dots-gets-broken/td-p/1...

Someone had the same issue I was. I followed the steps listed above and was able to continue on with my project without issue. 

Take care,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

I'm glad you found the answer.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines