• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Animate html experience - reset movieclip and movieclips working every other time.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am a bit familiar with Animate but don't know any code. I am working on a mobile experience and have encountered two issues which would be amazing if anyone could help me troubleshoot through.

1) The experience has a lot of hidden animations and when tapped on the mobile version, they would be revealed. I have a bunch of movieclips on a single frame of the main timeline and each one includes a button inside on the first frame with a mouseover event to continue playing the clip. The button is not visible but only has a hit area drawn in. The first frame of the movieclip also has a stop action on it. When I test the movie in the desktop browser, it works as expected. I hover over the hidden animation and it plays. I hover over a second time, it plays again. But on mobile, this is what happens: I tap on the hidden animation and it plays. I tap on it again, it does not play a second time. I think this is due to the mouseover event still being active. So to play it a second time, a user would need to tap somewhere else on the screen to end that mouseover event, then tap again on the hidden area, and then the animation would play a second time. My question for this - is there a way to reset that movieclip mouseover event after that first tap? So that someone can continue hitting the same area and that animated movieclip keeps playing over and over again from the beginning? My workaround for this, a bit clumsy, has been to make each movieclip double up on the animation. Button one starts the animation, then it reaches button 2 and a stop action. Buton 2 plays the second animation (which is an exact duplicate of the first one) and then loops back to reach button 1. Reaching the second button resets the mouseover event from that first button. Again, not ideal as each movie clip needs to be made with double the animation.

2) This one has me stumped. The experience has 5 different areas that the user can tap into. Each area is a single frame on the main timeline, each one having multiple hidden animations. Let's say you want to visit area 1. You tap on a button that brings you to a frame label of area 1. All the hidden animations work there. Then you tap a button to bring you back to the main map. If you then go back into that same area, none of the animations work anymore. You leave the area again and go back in, they all of a sudden work again. Every other time you go back in, they work. This issue happens on both desktop when I test and on mobile. Any idea of what is happening here?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's "mobile experience" and/or the other "experiences" you're referencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By mobile experience I mean this whole project is meant to be viewed on a mobile web browser. It is not meant to be viewed in the desktop browser so all design work should cater to the mobile platform. For more background, a user would get to the experience by scanning a QR code on their mobile phone and it would open up a browser page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines