Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'JSFL script running for a long time' - how do i stop this

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (76).png

does anyone know how i can fix this issue, even when i CLICK yes the message keeps poping up

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hi.

This is probably happening because you're trying to export a very complex project. Meaning lots of complex vector artworks, lots of bitmaps are being generated, lots of shape tweens, and motion tweens. Also these bitmaps may have huge dimensions.

Here are some perfomance tips that you should be aware of:

- Try testing your file with and without exporting the document as texture (Publish Settings > JavaScript/HTML > Image Settings > Export document as texture);

- Consider turning off the advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another guy was having the same problem. Maybe you two could help each other out:

How can i fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same guy, double poster.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same guy...had to repost it to see if some got a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who wrote the JSFL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well..when i try to publish my animate file ..thats the message that pops like on this its exportUtils.jsfl..i even don't know how to LOCATE  the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could locate it, but it's encrypted/obfuscated so even if you knew where and how to add the bit that Greg advised you, you can't do it in this case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

//Run this JSFL to disable the exporting timeout message

fl.showIdleMessage(false);..i am trying to look for a way to execute this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only add this to code that you have written yourself or you understand and is not encrypted/obfuscated.

You cannot modify code that is altered to not allow modification as is the case with exportUtils.jsfl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielo33771543  wrote

same guy...had to repost it to see if some got a solution

No. No you did not have to repost. Double the threads does not double your chances of anyone knowing how to fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think, that the command showIdleMessage() applies to all subsequent code, until you invoke it again.

So, you can create two command files - one to disable the "idle messages" and one to enable them again. Then:

- manually execute the first command fl.showIdleMessage( false );

- after that, run your export procedure (the encrypted file)

- when the export finished, run the second command fl.showIdleMessage( true );

Maybe this will work

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is probably happening because you're trying to export a very complex project. Meaning lots of complex vector artworks, lots of bitmaps are being generated, lots of shape tweens, and motion tweens. Also these bitmaps may have huge dimensions.

Here are some perfomance tips that you should be aware of:

- Try testing your file with and without exporting the document as texture (Publish Settings > JavaScript/HTML > Image Settings > Export document as texture);

- Consider turning off the advanced layers mode (Ctrl/Cmd + J) if you don't need advanced features like camera or parenting because this mode has some impact on performance;

- Avoid complex containers with lots of children;

- Avoid complex shapes;

- Make sure you're not using color effects/filters;

- Use cache whenever possible;

- Avoid using large bitmaps. This is specially true for mobile devices;

- Try low resolution values for exported bitmaps (Publish Settings > JavaScript/HTML > Image Settings > Resolution);

- Try to balance wisely when an asset should be made of a vector shape or of a bitmap;

- Avoid using too many static text fields because they are exported as raw vector shapes;

- Avoid adding too many listeners;

- Add mouse events to a container and use the event.target property instead of adding a separate mouse event to dozens or hundreds of children;

- If possible set a container.tickChildren to false so the tick will not be propagated to children of a container;

- If using a tick event it may be a good idea to change the Ticker.timingMode and see which one works best for your case;

- Avoid using motion tweens because they are exported as frame by frame animation;

- Avoid having a huge main timeline with lots of tweens;

- Avoing very large shape tween spans.

Also, is it possible for you to update to the latest release of Animate CC? It may help.

Here is a screenshot of a complex project I worked this year that I used to get similiar errors like yours very frequently. The errors only went away when I optimized all FLAs.

animate_cc_html5_canvas_script_running_for_a_long_time_error.png

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot, so what i did i decide to seperate my animate files from 181 frames to 3 seperate animate files. and it worked. The main issue was the complex shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! You're welcome. I'm glad you managed to solve the issue.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodmorning Joao,

i wanted some GUIDANCE on having a drag and drop feature, where by when i drop the orange the Cup fills also the oranges can appear floating.

frame1.jpg

so when you fill, it behaves like this

frame2.jpg

so ONCE it fill it triggers a final frame , breakfast Complete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a tutorial on this drag and drop subject:

The sample files are here:

adobe/animate cc/html5_canvas/drag_and_drop_game at master · joao-cesar/adobe · GitHub

For your specific case, I guess you're gonna need only one target/slot (the cup).

And everytime the user/player drops the oranges in the correct place, you would advance a Movie Clip instance timeline - containing all the cup stages (from empty to full) - inside of the onMatch callback method.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your assiatance so far, just one more question, how can i make the oranges rotate around the cup...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seen also you have a youtube channel, i have subscribed to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

Rotate around the cup? Can you provide an example/reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so my client wants something similar to this,

https://business.eskimi.com/ads/#ad=Cola_drag_01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Did you find out how to achieve this kind of animation?

In any case, I would suggest you to combine tween animations driven by code, hit test, and the drag and drop techniques from the tutorial above.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incase I get stuck I will let you know, thanks for the assistance so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem and will try to incorporate your suggestions.

You advise: "Avoid using too many static text fields because they are exported as raw vector shapes"

My HTML5 project does use text.  Is there any better option beside 'static text'?

Also I'm using a MacBook Pro that is 5 years old.  Would a newer computer help me or does this problem have nothing to do with my computer?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines