• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Flickering Upon Exporting To Adobe Media Encoder - HELP?

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I am animating a simple 2D character for an educational short, and I'm encountering this weird problem:

I have finished animating a character, and everything looks great in Animate's preview panel. No problems. However, when I export the .SWF over to Media Encoder, one of the layers is randomly flickering, and I cannot figure out why. My character's right hand will randomly blank in and out. I checked all the tweens and keyframes and I did not program it to do that. Otherwise, it would show up in the preview pane if that was the case, right?

No other layer is behaving like this, and it is frustrating. Any solutions? I'd hate to have to go back and reanimate the character's hand all over again.

Edit: The hand flickering only occurs in Media Encoder, and in the exported file, but it's not behaving that way in animate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Most likely unwillingli you have made this hand into a Movie Clip symbol and it has a second blank frame inside. Movie Clips loop during SWF playback so you end up seeing this as flickering.

Double click that hand symbol to check what is inside and if you have an undesired frame delete it.

You can also switch the instance type to Graphic and stop it, but that will require going through all the keyframes and doing it everywhere.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines