• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer in timeline is purple now with bold purple underline. Why?

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a student working on  their rotoscope animate project. One of their layers is now highlighted purple with a thick purple underline and I can't figure out what it means. I know it means something important, I'm just not sure what and I can't find anything searching for the answer. Please help. Thank you. The file is an action script file. 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Hi.

This is a feature introduced recently to highlight layers. It's just a visual hint.

You can turn it on/off by going to the desired layer and clicking the small dot in the column between the delete button and the outline mode button.

image.png

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is a feature introduced recently to highlight layers. It's just a visual hint.

You can turn it on/off by going to the desired layer and clicking the small dot in the column between the delete button and the outline mode button.

image.png

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I thought I had already tried that, but I guess not. It must have been the outline mode button I hit. Easy problem solved. The students video was frozen and wouldn't allow us to move it with the move tool even though the layer was not locked. So I figured it had to do something with the layer being highlighted. Now I know it had to have been something else. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Great to know that everything is cleared up now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines