Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer is not exported

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've created a quite a large workspace. I use 2 tracks - for the background and a small animated object.

Already "interesting" is the fact that the animated figure, which is quite small compared to the workspace, is only displayed when I zoom in to a certain degree.

If I try to export the animation as a video, an MP4 file is created at the end via Media Encoder, but the layer with the animated figure is not visible.

Are there restrictions in the form that animated objects must have a minimum size compared to the workspace? ...or what could be the reason?

Many thanks and greetings

Torsten

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

So I have a theory. The object that's animated (cyclist) is a bitmap correct? If yes, how large is the original? Meaning, is it 72 DPI or greater? Is it massive? Meaning, 300-600 DPI and overall a couple of thousand pixels wide/tall? Because I've seen in rare situations someone imports a high-resolution bitmap into Animate and then scales it really small and suddenly Animate simply refuses to render it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but if the layer is hidden and you don't include hidden layers, the hidden layer won't be exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that the layer is hidden as it's shown at a specific zoom level (see "screencopy1.jpg")... zooming one step out makes the layer element (cyclist) no more visible (but the animation path is still visible; see "screencopy2.jpg")...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a theory. The object that's animated (cyclist) is a bitmap correct? If yes, how large is the original? Meaning, is it 72 DPI or greater? Is it massive? Meaning, 300-600 DPI and overall a couple of thousand pixels wide/tall? Because I've seen in rare situations someone imports a high-resolution bitmap into Animate and then scales it really small and suddenly Animate simply refuses to render it.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...yes this might be the reason... so it's definitely a bug...

...meanwhile I switched to After Effects and everything works fine... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I forgot: THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome - in the future, edit bitmaps so that they are simply smaller resolution whenever possible. They'll play nicer with AnCC. After Effects sounds like the better application in this scenario - glad it worked out.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines