• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

layer not visible (small gray circle not filled in)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying out An for the first time and having some trouble--I think this is a very basic question. Some of my layers are not visible (in the screenshot, only the bottom layer is visible). These seems to be corrolated to whether the small gray circle is filled in. I can't seem to figure out how to change that (all my google searches show results for filling in shapes). Any tips?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only the background layer has a frame at frame 51. ie, if you want another layer visible at that point, right click the timeline at that layer and insert a frame or keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a key frame, it still doesn't show. it creates a key frame with the gray circle, not the dark circle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was what happened when I inserted key frames...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you inserted a blank (ie, empty) keyframe wherever you see an open circle.  but where your mouse is shown will reflect the previous keyframe in each layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. stop attaching screenshots.  copy and paste them into your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I still don't understand... when I go to the menu and select insert keyframe (not blank keyframe) that is waht I get. How do a insert a keyframe that isn't empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying to get those layers to be static throughout the animation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

again, right click the timeline at that layer and click insert a frame or keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines