• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Parenting in Adobe Animate does not work properly in Version 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe People, I am a big fan of Animate. I just downloaded Version 2022 of Animate and I was shocked that on of the best Animation tools Layer Parenting in Animate does not work properly anymore. Somehow this function is nearly unusable in the 2022 Version. Please open the attached file in 2021 and then in 2022 and make it work again. I am really upset as I have to tell all my animation students not to upgrade. Please try to fix this error. Best whishes, Jens Schmidt 

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jens,

The attachment is not visible, but you should know that the Layer Parenting changes introduced in AA 22 are considered by Adobe to be improvements.

I would strongly suggest you look into a mature rigging and posing system for Flash/Animate, which is developed with vision and understanding of animation problems and workflows, such as SMR.

Students will be grateful.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick, thanks for your quick reply. I am using Adobe Animate since 1997 when I created my first Website and online Animation game ”The Secret Garden” (you might know this if you started in 1998. I am not so deep into character design as you are, and I will definitively have a look at your Flanimate Power Tools - thank you! 
But please have look at the Video I created this morning: 
https://youtu.be/14rg8ycK0Ko

I can not agree at all a seeing this behavoir as a feature. 
I can send your the FLA file. 
Any idea about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jens,

I saw your video, and after I posted here I saw your other post with the broken walk cycles.

What I meant in my previous post was that Adobe consider the changes an improvement and boast about them in the release notes, calling it "Enhanced Parenting":

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/whats-new/2022.html

Clipboard-10.png

I came across the issues the other day when I wanted to replicate an example I had recorded a few months ago for a tutorial and to make a simple Canvas illustration.

My personal opinion is similar to yours, but my wording wouldn't be as polite.

I know very well what they are attempting to do and I have been warning them about the mess they have created before Layer Parenting was even released in v.19. I've wasted more than two years to try and provide constructive feedback, but I don't do it any more as it is pointless.

Look into SMR when you have the time. I just wrote a short article which may be a good introduction.

Personally, I do not consider any of the Animate releases fit for professional work. They have terrible performance and stability issues and are in a state of perpetual beta at best.

The last reliable version is Flash Pro CS6.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick, I just started to look at your Video Tutorials and I am truly amazed by this detailed tutorial. I will defenitively have a closer look to EDAP / and the Character rigging for Flash animation.
I share your optinion about Animate, I think it always was a great animation software and the acquisition by Adobe was the beginning of it's decline. It started with the 'buggy' spline tool (works a bit better now) with the odd graph editor and the bone tool that is in my opinion really poorly implemented. I think you mentioned something similar in one of your Videos. 

Is there a tutorial that talks about the way how to you use the 'Smart Magnet rig" tool? 
Thank you very much and have a geat day, Jens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Jens!

To get a general idea you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dg3jGwT9LE

It's a complex system of interconnected tools, so ideally one needs to go through the whole documentation, esp. the series of articles - Overview, Rigging process, FK and IK.

But you may just start with the FreeStyle Rigging tool and KineFlex 🙂

I've just put together this article that links to some of the basic resources. You will find your way around the site. Our project turned 10 this year, so there is a lot to explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @yenzooo could you please share the fla file to mohanraj@adobe.com for us to investigate this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mohan, here is another file, A walkcycle I did today with Animate 2021 and the result I get when I open it in Animate 2020.  There is a also link to a Video Screencapture: First you see 2021 then version 2020 this version creates fatal damages to the animated walkcycle. Fixxing this issue would be great! And please do not sell this as a feature to me 😥 

Best whishes, Jens 

I'll  attache the FAL file to this post 

Walkcycle created in Adobe Animate 2021 does not work in Animate 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyK9I7zwec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines