• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers in Animate will Not accept Motion Tween

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a beginner at this... and I have followed the tutorial to animate... step by step...(I think)... and when we got to the part that you choose 4 or 5 layers to create a motion tween... it refused, and said that one of the layers must have a feature like audio that prevents it.  I did that even with NEW layers that contain nothing.

I noticed that even when I create a New layer there is NO symbol of a pen to indicate that this layer is editable.. but instead it has the symbol of (back-play-forward)... but I didn't do that myself, so I'm not sure why its happening.  see image below  and please let me know if you know what it means  ... thanks 

motion tween.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

It seems to me that you are trying to apply motion tweens to drawing objects. To use motions tweens, you must first convert your objects to symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo.... attempt to apply the tween to one frame at a time until you've isolated which one is causing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clay...

Tried that already... it wont let me because all the layers seem to have that same problem, and have the same symbol...

I just don't know how or why they got it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm out of ideas. Another reason to be glad I never use Motion Tweens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe  thanks Clay  ... you are very kind to help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that you are trying to apply motion tweens to drawing objects. To use motions tweens, you must first convert your objects to symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joao...

I will try that and let you know if it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as Joao mentioned, the problem is because you are trying to apply Motion tween on Shapes/Drawing objects.

You need to click on first frame of each layer one by one and convert it to a Symbol (press F8) first.

After that you can select all the layers and apply Motion tween together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines