• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers with brush cause significant application lag

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Animate and have two layers that make heavy use of the brush tool.  When these layers are enabled, Animate is barely useable.  I can't even scroll the stage.  I've played with some of the preferences, such as use outline mode when scrolling, but it's still too slow to be usable.  I'm running on 16 GB of RAM with an I5-7500 CPU.  I can definitely see it spike a core when i scroll the stage with my brush layers visible.

My question is this - am i breaking some animate rule of thumb that says you should limit brush usage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Try to switch the so called Advanced Layers OFF and see if that will improve the situation a bit.

From the menu choose Modify > Document...

Animate's general performance has been absolutely awful in the last few years.

But any vector shapes that have thousands of points will require more calculations.

If you're not actively working on those layers, you can create duplicates of those heavy vectors and convert them to bitmap.

Then guide and hide the originals and continue work with the placeholder BM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to switch the so called Advanced Layers OFF and see if that will improve the situation a bit.

From the menu choose Modify > Document...

Animate's general performance has been absolutely awful in the last few years.

But any vector shapes that have thousands of points will require more calculations.

If you're not actively working on those layers, you can create duplicates of those heavy vectors and convert them to bitmap.

Then guide and hide the originals and continue work with the placeholder BMPs (esp. if those are backgrounds).

Before the final export, guide the BMPs and re-enable the vector layers.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.  For now, your bitmap idea worked great.  In the future, I guess I'll just use the brush less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines