lib is undefined, followed by images is undefined...

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Flash/Animate/Adobe experience.  I was just an end user (Reader and Flash swfs). So when the person at my work that does all this type stuff left, I was glad that I wasn't in their department because I didn't want to learn any of it. (Famous Last Words).  Somehow it dropped in my lap.  I assumed they were using the latest version of  Animate but I must be wrong, because I can't get it to publish correctly.  I am  using Animate 2021 and am getting the "lib is undefined" error.  All of my searches say to reverence the lib in the frame code.  so I added  

document.lib = lib;

to all the frames. I modified my 3rd party script to use document.lib and I got a different error, Unable to read property 'properties' of undefined.  I opened the published js file and changed

(function (cjs, an) {

var p; // shortcut to reference prototypes
var lib={};var ss={};var img={};

to 

lib={};
(function (cjs, an) {

var p; // shortcut to reference prototypes
//var lib={};
var ss={};var img={};

When I ran the animation this time, the lib and properties errors were gone and it was replaced by 'images' is undefined.  I did the same thing with images that I did with lib and got another error"Object doesn't support property or method '_renderFirstFrame'"

What am I missing??? OR is there a way to install the older version of Animate where this wasn't a issue.  2015 I believe LOL.

TOPICS
Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Animate already creates a global lib variable in the publishing process. You shouldn't have to create a reference to it in a property of the same name in the document object.

Have you tried copying the frames of the whole main timeline and pasting them in a newly created document?

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines