Make TestMovie Swf previews Retain Proper Aspect Ratio and Size?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laletly I've been creating animations at different aspect ratios and resolutions for social media posts.

The problem is, whenever I test preview the animation with the Ctrl+Enter "TestMovie" shortcut, the swf preview window that pops up is not the same aspect ratio of my actual animation and I have to resize it every time I close it and re-run the TestMovie shortcut.

I also work with a 1920x1080 external monitor that I like to preview the animations on, but when I test 4K animations I have to scale down the preview window down everytime. 

I undertstand it is possible to just adjust the preview window and leave it open and looping on my second monitor so that any new TestMovie previews play at the right size and ascpect ratio, but it is distracting as the animation keeps looping and replaying the audio. Even turning off the "Play" and "Loop" options for the preview window doesn't stop some symbol animations from what I've experienced.

I'm also aware you can dock the swf preview window in the Stage panel area of Adobe Animate, but it doesn't retain the correct aspect ratio nor can it be played from a external monitor. I could also make safe borders on another layer to define what will actually be exported but that doesn't remove the need to resize the preview window if the animation is larger than the monitor it's playing on. 

So I'm wondering if there's any other preview alternatives that are just as quick as using the TestMovie shortcut or any way to make the TestMovie preview window remember its size and aspect ratio each time it is closed and re-opened on an external monitor.

Many thanks for sharing any solutions or animation preview workflows that work well for you!

TOPICS
Missing feature , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021
After looking for workarounds on the web, I think I found one that solves this problem nicely.  Bascically it involves using an program in the background that remembers the size and position of the Adobe Animate TestMovie Preview window and applys those window settings every time I test preview (Ctrl+Enter) an animation.  The program I'm using for this is Window Manager by DeskSoft.  If you want to see how well it works check out the below video I made on it:https://youtu.be/H6OcZExKilk So fa...

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking for workarounds on the web, I think I found one that solves this problem nicely. 🙂

Bascically it involves using an program in the background that remembers the size and position of the Adobe Animate TestMovie Preview window and applys those window settings every time I test preview (Ctrl+Enter) an animation. 

The program I'm using for this is Window Manager by DeskSoft. 

If you want to see how well it works check out the below video I made on it:

https://youtu.be/H6OcZExKilk

So far I'm really impressed that it takes care of the resizing and placement of the preview window by itself and it WORKS on external monitors! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Great solution!

And thanks a lot for taking your time to create the video. REALLY helpful.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines