Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a Symbol Not Include the Last Frame

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been enjoying learning to use Adobe Animate and I've found something that could be done a lot easier, I'm just not sure how.

I have a symbol of a character dancing left to right, with a matching ease both ways. So he dances left, then right, then the timeline for that symbol ends. The last frame in the timeline matches the first symbol to make sure the eases are working the same both ways. But because of this, when I place the symbol on the stage, every time it gets to that point, it plays the same frame twice, slowly making it off sync from the music I'm matching it to.

I've had the idea that on the main stage at the last frame of each cycle, I can add a keyframe and set it to frame 0 of the symbol's timeline, but this would be a hassle as it repeats several times. Another idea I've thought is in the symbol's timeline to add a keyframe on the one just before the last keyframe, and then delete the final keyframe so that it automatically loops perfectly, but this creates a problem with the easing since it won't match at the same speed for both sides. And I've been using the Asset Warp Tool which makes parts of the symbol appear completely black for some reason when I do this.

Is there any way I can just tell Animate to skip the last frame automatically?

Cheers,
Ryder

TOPICS
Other , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Best is to work two levels deep: https://flash-powertools.com/keeping-cycles-flexible-for-easy-re-timing-by-using-service-frame-and-w...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines