Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing graphics when I test my animation

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

So I'm really very new to animate and I have to create a Southpark scene for my uni work, however when I go to test the animation my background disappears or the head or hand of one of my characters, its probably a really easy solution but how do I fix this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Turn off the guides. That should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

As you say, it's probably an easy fix when one has access to the file, but totally impossible when the description of the set up is as non-existent as yours

The only thing I'd suggest is: check for 'guided' layers.

Those do not export.

Guided layers have different icons. Right-click to change.

Clipboard-1.png

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten

kirstend25398465  wrote

.. when I go to test the animation my background disappears or the head or hand of one of my characters, its probably a really easy solution but how do I fix this?

Can i ask you,

• which version of Animate CC are you using?
  • are you publishing to the HTML5 Canvas platform?
  • if you answered the last question with yes, is Export document as texture ticked in your Publish Settings?

If you answer sequence goes like

version 19.1, yes, yes

then you could be one of those who are experiencing this issue: Missing graphics when publishing Animate CC HTML5 Canvas Project, except after restart

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can confirm that this is still an issue in Animate 2024. It seems like its caching stuff and confusing itself meaning missing assets. Only thing to do is to restart (Animate or computer, I'm not sure...) and publish again. Also delete the old exported files first. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Essentially check through everything. Very frustrating and unreliable though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the guides. That should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiii

Just had the same issue while trying to export my file. Happens both as swf and mp4 exports. 

The guide I have in this project is connected to one object but another object dissapears when the project is exported (weird, right?). Also when I turn off the guide like suggested, other objects that never were connected to that guide 'fall apart' after exporting the project and everything looks terrible. So saying I am suuuper confused is an understatement lol 

Heeeelp 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines