• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing tools for an entire project

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project starts and ends with animations. Between the two sets of animations is about a 3-minute screen capture. I have a pre-recorded voiceover I need to sync with the screen capture.

Obviously I use Animate for the beginning and end sections. But I've been reading that importing screen captures into Animate isn't always the best way to do things. The screen capture portion doesn't need to be fancy, but I'm going going to need to do simple things like zoom in and out, crop the video to only show the parts that are being discussed, etc. I've got access to all the CC products but I have very little experience in things like After Effects or Premier Pro. Not sure what each does exactly. And what's the best program for the screen capture? I've been playing with OBS. But maybe After Effects or Premier Pro do screen captures in addition to their video editing abilities. I have no clue.

For the final project, do I complete the screen capture portion in some other program (which?) and import THAT into Animate and publish all of it from Animate? Or do I use a different program and import the animations I've made in Animate into the other program and publish it from there?

Would appreciate any and all tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

I'd assemble everything in Premiere.

It is a video editor and a very easy program to learn.

1. Export your intro and outro as separate videos from Animate.
  2. Record your screen presentation in OBS and edit the video in Premiere. Export the presentation as a video.
  3. Do the final edit - stitching intro, presentation and outro - in Premiere as a separate project.

After Effects is way more complex than Premiere. It would be unnecessary to use it at all, although there is an overlap of what both can do.

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd assemble everything in Premiere.

It is a video editor and a very easy program to learn.

1. Export your intro and outro as separate videos from Animate.
  2. Record your screen presentation in OBS and edit the video in Premiere. Export the presentation as a video.
  3. Do the final edit - stitching intro, presentation and outro - in Premiere as a separate project.

After Effects is way more complex than Premiere. It would be unnecessary to use it at all, although there is an overlap of what both can do.

Adobe most likely have some screen capture program. I just don't know.

Here is an example of the exact same type of project I did a few months ago for our upcoming release.

Intro and outro were animated in Flash, the middle was recorded in Camtasia and sped up in Premiere. Then all elements were brought together as videos in Premiere, adding audio and final small edits.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazingly helpful answer, thanks! Love your project - cool that you had just done what I'm trying to do. I used to use Camtasia but didn't want to have to pay to upgrade since I was seeing excellent reviews of OBS. But I used to love Camtasia - it was my only go-to  for screen recording for years.

Thanks again! With this info, plus my downgraded version of Animate, hopefully I can get a solid start on this project now. 

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂

Good luck, Susan!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines