• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing voiceover and sound effects

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project I'm working on has a voiceover throughout, but also sound effects in various places. What are the rules/things-I-need-to-know about that? The reason I ask is because some of my sound effects come through just fine on top of the voiceover - but others aren't playing. The sound fx are all alike (5 different instances of the same sound clip). They're all set to stream - all on the same timeline, just a few frames apart.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guru , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

There are no special rules. 

You can have many layers with sounds. Publish a SWF to see if all is ok. In the SWF Publish settings choose either RAW or ADPCM (not MP3).

All sounds have to be Stream. Ideally before import have to be 16-bit 44100Hz PCM WAV. (there is a bug in current Animate 21.0.8 importing this, but you would have seen threads to not use 21.0.8.)

Here is how a timeline with a VO and some SFX looks like:

Clipboard-2.png

There is nothing special about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

In CC app there is a ... button or similar which displays other available versions. 

You will see what is available and decide.

Full versions, i.e. 20.x and 21.x can coexist. Dot versions like 21.0.2 and 21.0.6 overwrite each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no special rules. 

You can have many layers with sounds. Publish a SWF to see if all is ok. In the SWF Publish settings choose either RAW or ADPCM (not MP3).

All sounds have to be Stream. Ideally before import have to be 16-bit 44100Hz PCM WAV. (there is a bug in current Animate 21.0.8 importing this, but you would have seen threads to not use 21.0.8.)

Here is how a timeline with a VO and some SFX looks like:

Clipboard-2.png

There is nothing special about it.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and I DO have version 21.0.8 - and I haven't been able to import wav files. I'm also having other problems with audio so I guess I need to go back a version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw - what's the best way to get an earlier version? Do I have to uninstall this one first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC app there is a ... button or similar which displays other available versions. 

You will see what is available and decide.

Full versions, i.e. 20.x and 21.x can coexist. Dot versions like 21.0.2 and 21.0.6 overwrite each other.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it, thanks.     ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines