movie clips don't animate in GIF export

Participant ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My animation works perfectly in Animate, but when I export all my movie clips are stationarty....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021
I figured it out! So, it seems Adobe Animate STILL in 2021 cannot handle movie clips for export.  Until Adobe fixes this, If you want to make an animated GIF, you have to go back and change all your movie clips to graphic. This workaround seems to work fine. Hopefully Adobe will get thier act togerther.

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! So, it seems Adobe Animate STILL in 2021 cannot handle movie clips for export. 

Until Adobe fixes this, If you want to make an animated GIF, you have to go back and change all your movie clips to graphic. This workaround seems to work fine. Hopefully Adobe will get thier act togerther.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OTHER problem, is that once you convert your movie clips to graphics then you have to make sure your animations are within the length of the main timeline. Which defeats the purpose of animating anywhere but the main timeline for gifs. I am really disspointed in Adobe, I have been using them since 1994 and it is too hard for me to switch now, but with all the subscriptions and all the money and time they have had to develop this software, they are still causing me unecessary hardships and difficulties. Adobe Illustartor and Adobe Animate specifiaclly. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines