Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music starts on wrong scene

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please could anyone help me. I have a music file that I have on its own layer and set to "Start" in the sound properties on the first frame of Scene 1. When I test the movie it's right and when I export as SWF it's fine. However, when I export as any other media type e.g H.264 or mpeg4 the music starts playing on frame 1 of scene 2. I cannot work this out. It is 100% set to the right frame on the right scene, so I don't understand why it plays at the start of scene 2.

I am baffled.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

In a sense, when starting on frame 1 there is no enterframe, and Event sync needs that. You're using Event so that the sound will continue in the second scene, and Stream would cut off, unless you continued the sound in the second scene timeline. Even then the sound might start from the beginning, though with Stream sync audio you can do Modify/Timeline/Split Audio, to then give you the next section of the music to use in the second scene.

But, that's some amount of hassle. The easy solution is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's been nearly 2 months. Just wondering if anyone at Adobe can help me with this as it is happening on ALL animations. Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to post and example file somewhere, that will cause the same problem for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thank you for responding. I have put together an example scene. Are you able to access the file below?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tTOzqurx4v5WfpTDHCNQn7bSjXo7O-i6/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a sense, when starting on frame 1 there is no enterframe, and Event sync needs that. You're using Event so that the sound will continue in the second scene, and Stream would cut off, unless you continued the sound in the second scene timeline. Even then the sound might start from the beginning, though with Stream sync audio you can do Modify/Timeline/Split Audio, to then give you the next section of the music to use in the second scene.

But, that's some amount of hassle. The easy solution is to stick with Event sync, and move the start of the music to frame 2 of scene 1. Then it gets the enterframe that it needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Colin.

I moved the music to start on frame 2 and it seems to have fixed the problem completely. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines