• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Must Media Encoder be used to export to video?

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm new to animate 2020.and runnung on a mac mojave computer.

other versions of Flash & Animate allowed me to bypass Encoder and export directly to a .MOV file.

can i turn off the need to open media encoder every time i export to video?

thank you

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the current version, you can stop auto-rendering but you can't stop it from opening ame.

with older versions you could and you can try the oldest version available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help.

wow. adobe keeps making it harder. what is auto-rendering and how would one stop auto-rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

auto-rendering means ame renders the video automatically.  untick if you want that.

kglad_0-1615135737010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. so to stop encoder from rendering, the 'start..' box must be checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that is what kglad had in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that there were reasons to want to not involve AME. Without it you could get a large MOV that had an alpha channel and was using a lossless codec. If you used AME you might get a moderate quality MP4 file.

In the current version you have access to a long list of codecs, if you choose QuickTime as the format. Many of those are good enough, without taking up the amount of space that Animation codec took up. You can then take that file into Premiere, or just open it in QuickTime Player and export various resolution versions from there.

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 12.57.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i'll have to look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines