• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Audio Becomes Mute When I Import It

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm using Adobe Animate for the first time and am having trouble importing audio.

I imported an audio file into the library, created a new layer, selected that layer, and dragged the audio onto the stage. But the audio won't play.

As you can see in the screenshot, the file's waveform appears blank in the library's preview window. It's as if I imported a mute audio file. But when I play the file outside Animate, I can hear it perfectly.  I tried importing a copy of the original audio file, but once again, its waveform dissapeared when it entered the library and I couldn't hear anything.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could you help me? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

See this - it's likely your file isn't the correct sample and/or bit rate...
https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/using-sounds.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this - it's likely your file isn't the correct sample and/or bit rate...
https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/using-sounds.html

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out! The audio I'm trying to use is a .wav file, 44kHz, 16 Bits. According to the article, Adobe Animate accepts that sample and bit rate. So I'm still not sure what the problem could be.

I've attached another screenshot, this time showing the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your timeline is only 1 frame long, and the sound may not have gotten very loud in the first 1/24th of a second. Try scrolling down the timeline several seconds, and use F5 to add a new frame to that layer. Then you will see more of the sound's waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! I extended the timeline by 30 seconds, but there still wasn't any sound. The audio I'm trying to use starts immediately, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to put the sound file online somewhere, for us to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! I just figured out the problem. _keyframer was right that I had the wrong bit rate. It took me a while to figure this out, because when I looked at my audio’s properties on Animate, it showed that I had the correct bit rate. But when I went back into Adobe Audition (where I created the file), I saw that the bit rate was in fact off. I changed it from 32 to 16, as shown in the screenshots, and tried to import the audio again. This time it worked!

Thank you everyone for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines