• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My eraser doesn't work while editing my symbols.

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed that my eraser tool doesn;t allow me to erase anything. I made sure that was in the editing mode, changed the different types of eraser modes, reinstalling the program, but nothing. Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click your onstage symbol to go to that symbol's timeline where you can erase shapes/lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure the 2 circled areas are set right. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 10.39.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicktendo28 

you're not saying: those settings are going to erase anything from a symbol, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also make sure you're erasing actual vectors. The eraser tool won't work if the artwork is contained in an Object Drawing or Grouped. If they are, then double-click them or select and break-apart. Otherwise, the only thing else I can think of why the eraser tool won't work is if the layer(s) is locked.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines