• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my .png file has 120 frames - HELP

Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to upload a series of .png files made in Character Animator and put them into an Animate sequence as a piece of the finshed product. How can I do that to have the sequence look right. The most I've figured out is to put them in one at a time. There has got to be an easier way! Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Christine,

1. Draw a box on stage. Convert to a Graphic symbol. This will be your container for images.

2. Enter the symbol in place by double-clicking it.

3. Delete the box, it was only a place holder. Click on the Blank Keyframe where the box was and press Ctrl+R (Import to Stage).

4. Browse and select your first PNG of the sequence - it should be ending with a number, something like 0001. Click Open.

5. This dialog box appears:

Clipboard-1.png

Click Yes.

6. The sequence of images is imported each on its own frame.

Clipboard-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import your images to stage

select them all (click frame)

distribute to keyframes (right click over selected images>distribute...)

set your framerate

test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me but your method didn't work either. First, I tried putting all the the frames in at the same time and once again the Program shut down due to 'an unknown error'. So, then I tried to just due 10 at a time but that resulted in all ten going into the same frame. I am getting the job done (ever so slowly) inputting them one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you import them into one layer/one frame, then use distribute to keyframes.

if your computer is too weak to handle all 120 at one import, try 60.  if that fails, try 30.

once you import a group distribute to keyframes and create a new layer into which to import the next group.

you can select a span of frames and drag it to the first groups layer just beyond the last keyframe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christine,

1. Draw a box on stage. Convert to a Graphic symbol. This will be your container for images.

2. Enter the symbol in place by double-clicking it.

3. Delete the box, it was only a place holder. Click on the Blank Keyframe where the box was and press Ctrl+R (Import to Stage).

4. Browse and select your first PNG of the sequence - it should be ending with a number, something like 0001. Click Open.

5. This dialog box appears:

Clipboard-1.png

Click Yes.

6. The sequence of images is imported each on its own frame.

Clipboard-2.png

7. Go outside to adjust position and set the Graphic container to Play Once, if you need.

That's all.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a chance to try this after I had put all 120 frames singaly into work. I set up a new file I was able to import the cartoon exactly as you instructed. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, the reply came a bit too late, but you will know for your next project.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines