• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help - Fonts Suddenly Messed Up

Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I'm using Google Fonts: Monserrat.  The fonts have displayed properly for years, both in the editor and online.

Today, I opened my HTML5/Canvas project file in Adobe Animate, and the fonts display properly in the editor.

When I CTRL-ENTER to play it locally, or if I publish the project and view it online, the fonts are messed up.  Some other font appears, and it shows italic when it shouldn't; it shows light weight when it shouldn't.  It's like the font mapping is suddenly corrupted.  This is occuring throughout the entire project file.

Please see the attached screen shot.  Can anyone indicate what might have gone wrong?  Thank you for any help.adobe_animate_font_problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just run a test here using Montserrat and it was displayed correctly.

What version of Animate are you using? Mine is v.22.0.2.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JC.  I'm running 22.0.3 -- the latest version.  I've ran several tests here... changed the font in the text objects, published it, then changed it back to Monserrat, published it, etc.  The problem persists.  I've also asked myself what other changes, new procedures, etc., might have occurred... I cannot think of anything, other than a Windows 11 update from last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

It's because v22.03 is very buggy... What if you try to install v22.0.2 or another one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God... 22.0.3 just delete 1,800 lines of code.  I saved the .FLA, restarted my computer, reopened the .FLA, and the code was gone.  Simply gone.  Thankfully, I harvested it from the .JS file that I had outputted shortly prior.  I found the code and copied-pasted it back into the frame where it was deleted.

This is not good.  It's like 22.0.3 has got a mind of its own.

I would install 22.0.2, but I don't know where it is.  Do you have any advice on where to find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

This bug is new.

Thankfully you were able to recover the code.

Just go to the Creative Cloud app, find Animate and click the More actions icon next to it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JC, I switched back to 220.0.2, and the font problem is resolved.  Do you know if the developers aware of the font problem and if they're fixing it, or do I need to submit a bug report for it?  I've already submitted several bug reports... they're probably getting sick of hearing from me!  : )  Hahaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines