• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help With Brushes in Adobe Animate 2020 -- Can't change stroke style

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I believe the paint brush tool in adobe animate is either broken or has a severely bad intended UI. I have spent 1+ days trying to get it to work to no avail, and I have found articles showing that the code is "Deprecated". Basically, I go to to the brush library to add custom brushes to paint with. I double click to add to document, however, the brush is never active -- my output when I draw is always the same dynamic brush, and I have no otpion to use any custom brushes. I go into the properties tool for the brush or the dynamic brush and it never gives me stroke options or style options. What do I do!? You'll notice that even though double I clicked on "Caligraphy 1" to add it to the document, I still got a normal dynamic brush, and, I have no actual options anywhere that I can find to actually change the stroke options or the brush style. When I click on fluid brush in the top right too nothing happens. I'm so confused and beyond frustrated. Need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually having the same problem. My lines when I draw are very pixelated and I can't seem to change the brush settings to smooth it nor change it to a custom brush. I added a picture below of my screen. I have the smoothing to 100 and Im using the brush tool but it doesn't change anything. Can someone help?

korozco1995_0-1587439093681.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Fluid brush and Classic brush are fill based brush tools. The brushes available in Brush Library (Art and Pattern brushes) works on the stroke. Please use a Paint Brush tool to draw with the brushes available in Brush Library. 

Click on the ... in the Tools panel and drag drop the Paint Brush tool to the tool bar, double click on the desired brush in Brush library then start drawing.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the video of the problem I'm having. I still have the problem regardless if I use the painttool brush or the classic brush. No matter what I do, the brush stroke stays the same and it's pixalated. It's still doesn't smooth and I can't use any of the brushes in the library. I'm not sure what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - from the video i could see that the seelcted Brush is not getting seelcted as a Stroke Style in Properties panel when Paint Brush is used. Have you double clicked the brush in Brush Library? Also can you please check whether the brush is getting listed in the stroke style drop down in PI?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I was able to use the different brushes. thank you! as for my other question, in the video, the smoothing is not working? I don't know if that's how it's suppose to look like or if it's pixelated? Is there a way I can tell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - could you please let me know your OS details and also the drawing tablet that you use?

Also, the pixelation may appear if the preview mode is set to Fast. Can you please set it to View > Anti-Alias Text and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it was the Anti-Alias Text! It works now, thank you very much!! I appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having problems with changing the style of the brush! I can't find the paint brush tool to help me fix that! Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the bottom left of the tools is a three dots button. That lets you load in other tools that are not showing at the moment. I think that by default two of the brush types are showing, but you may be looking for the third brush type. See this screenshot to see if it helps.

animatetools.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.42.55 PM.png

Can some please tell me how to change the stroke settings/brush based on what I'm seeing on my screen? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Classic Brush is a fill based brush and it doesnt draw strokes. If you are looking at dawing strokes then use Paint Brush tool which you can drag and drop from the Edit tool bar to main tool bar as described by Colin in the above thread.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines