• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Character Movement and Animation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a character pixel sprite template that has it running and jumping is there any way to get those images into animate cc or do I have to create a gif of the running sequence and upload it to animate cc. Also how do I code a character to run and jump with arrow keys. I've already tried code snippets while the character was selected and did AS> animation> move with keyboard arrows but when I play test the animation the page is completely blank. When I took out all of the code and playtested it again the animation was back. 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what file type is your sprite.

for coding, as3 or html5?  

then for novices, it's easier to create a new fla with simple object that you try to control with snippets.  once you understand that, you're more likely to be successful with a more complex fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of seperate png images of the character's movement and I'm using as3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can import png's into animate, and animate detects a sequence it will offer to load them all even if only one is picked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines