New To Animate: Need help.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Animate today, and while editing a spritesheet, Animate crashed and didn't have my file recovered, despite me having recovery on, later, after saving a spritesheet and finding it hasn't worked (unrelated problem), I find that my animate file, (.fla) is not avaiable in recent, and I suddenly have a recovery file, but it's just reverted to the default. Is it just in a directory that doesn't appear in recent, or is it gone? I remember saving it, and seeing the warning that I couldn't open with flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. save your fla's with increasing version number appended to the name so you don't have this problem in the future.

2. to check for a recovery file, open AutoRecoverFilenames.txt** and see if there was a saved file and, if so, check the folder location listed

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines