• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Version of Animate IS NOT WORKING

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday morning Adobe animate was working just fine. Yesterday afternoon I saw that Adobe had updated the program on my i Mac and everytime I try to open it or open an Animate file it does not work. So now everytime I try to boot up the program the icon just bounces at the bottom of my screen and the initial screen pops up, then Adobe Animate just shuts down. I have several projects I am working on and this is extremely frustrationg.

I understand that these companies want to seem cutting edge and all, but for a user like myself who has worked with this program ever since it was  Macromedia Flash 4, this new way of doing things bothers me. I just want to be able to turn on my program that I pay every month for, and get to work. I don't want to have to go through trying to figure out how to get your new version to work every 6 months. I wish Adobe would just make a copy of animate that you could buy and install on your harddrive that way you would not have to go through these thngs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There are a few topics about this issue already. You can browse the forum and will see them.

I just want to share what I do to avoid such situations: I disable all automatic updates and when there is an update I always install the new version separately beside the old one which I know is working fine.

You can have multiple versions of Animate and I think that for a professional who has deadlines and whose livelihood depends on this, allowing some corporation to dictate when to update can be very dangerous.

Personally, I still prefer Flash CS6 over any of the newer Animate versions.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I have done. Like you I have been using Flash since the late 90s (1999 is when I started)

So I am using the older Adobe Anime 2020 version now and if works fine. They just sent me a message saying that they are geting reports of issues with the 2021 version. I wish they would work these things out before installing them on people's computer systems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We have identified an issue in one of the common component that we use is failing if there is one or more corrupted font installed on the system. We are working on a fix and will let you know as soon as there is an update on this. For now, you may continue using Animate 2020.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines