• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No way to import a sequence into Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I have followed all the videos and tutorials on importing image sequences into Animate but nothing seems to work. I have a series of PNG files all named in sequential order. When I choose "Import to stage" and select the files, they all appear on the one frame on top of each other, not on individual frames as I have seen on other video examples. Also when I select the files I am not given any sort of dialog box to adjust the import settings. 

What am I doing wrong?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

If the files are correctly named, you have to select only the first one and Animate will prompt to import as a sequence or not.

Please see this answer:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/importing-image-sequences-to-animate-cc/m-p/96268...

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for the reply- they are correctly named and when I select the first one- it only imports that file and doesn't prompt me to select sequence or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok- so apparently when you export layers to files from PS, even if you remove the prefix, Adobe still adds"_001_" to each of the file names which will not work with Animate. I had to rename all the files and then it worked. 

Ugh. At least its a solution but time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also do like in the first GIF: select all the images that you want and then distribute them to keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you export using "Layers to Files" in Photoshop?

If so that option is not made for image sequences. Go to File > Export > Render video, select Photoshop Image Sequence and format PNG. Each frame will be correctly labeled that way.

Mario_CR_0-1645725879210.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mario_CR - thanks for the heads up- I did not know that! Usually if I name each one on my layers sequentially and remove the prefix option it would usually work. I never tried the image sequence- thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mario_CR - I must be doing something wrong since I used the settings you suggested and it just combines all my layers into on PNG file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to arrange the layers in a timeline first inside photoshop. That should've been step one, sorry.

Here's how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exn47g9aw6s&ab_channel=JacobRivkin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines