Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to import video to enable playback on timeline in Animate CC

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm quite new to this software and community so bear with me. I have an edited video in .MP4 that I want to add some 2D animations on. I knew that I could simply import the video as an embedded h.264 to use it as reference for my animations (and to export the animations on a transparent background so it can later be combined with the actual video in Premiere Pro). My problem is that when I try to import the video (It's not a short clip. It's around 12 minutes long and the file size is over 200mb), I get this error about not being able to embed the video because of it consuming too much memory.
error.PNG

Same error apears when I tried to import an .flv file as well. Is there a way to overcome this issue? How can I make it so that it doesn't consume so much memory? I've tried compressing the files from a third-party website (assuming that the size may be the cause) but still no luck...

Here's my system:
system.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

I'd try to split the video into 4 parts, 3 minutes each.

Not too sure about the current frame number limit in Animate, but if you're working at 25 fps you will most likely hit this past the 10 minute mark (if the limit is 16 000 frames).

So you may also need to have multiple FLA files as well.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines