• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object follows wrong path after adding keyframe

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an animation in which a nurse walks through a hospital ward and stops at different beds.

I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cHqTXdDgg. I made an object follow a path, but after I add a keyframe, at the bed where I want the nurse to slow down, the object doesn't follow the correct path anymore, but follows the shortest path to the end point. The path the object follows does interact quite some times (I can't get rid of this). Before adding the keyframe the object did follow the path just fine.

Underneith shows on the left the guide path with the dots where the nurse should stop. On the right, marked in red, the path is shown that the object follows after I add the keyframe.

l307780791vyq_0-1687983174991.png

What is the simplest method of solving this or making the animation that I want. I do see the option of making different paths but this seems quite a lot of work, expecially is the animation becomes more extensive. I also want to have the nurse walk in a similar pace the whole time so I don't want to guess with timing on when the object needs to be were.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Paths can't cross each other. you need to make it a continued path. Or you can do a guide for each movement on different layers. so you will have many layers with different guides. 

Screen Recording 2023-06-28 at 9.14.41 PM.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paths can't cross each other. you need to make it a continued path. Or you can do a guide for each movement on different layers. so you will have many layers with different guides. 

Screen Recording 2023-06-28 at 9.14.41 PM.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines