• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Other video formats

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/add-video.html it says Animate only accepts FLV, F4V or MPEG videos. Does anyone know if there is a way to make Animate understand other video formats? n.b. transcoding to MPEG, FLV or F4V is not an ideal option. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

These days it accepts h.264 in MOV and MP4 containers.

It is possible that other formats are also supported, but you will have to try for yourself.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test of embedding an H.265 ( HEVC) MOV, and that fails. Animate is checking specifically for H.264. I think a lot of encoders can do H.264, and the resolution and quality don't matter very much, because you're not going to render out a video that includes the embedded video. You would instead export an alpha transparent animation video, and use that in a video editor, and place it on top of the original high quality video. That video need not be H.264, it can be anything your video editor can handle.

My answer only applies to the case where you're embedding H.264. The linked article talks about other ways to use video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks folks. We're using another format so would have to make a plug in I guess. If that's even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is for HTML5, and the video is in a format that the browser you're using can deal with, you could use the HTML5 Canvas video component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers Colin. It's for AAA game dev and we're using a third party video codec. I'm gonna campaign for H.264, but not holding out for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines