• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output directory could not be found. Will only publish to desktop.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 21.0.8 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.5.2. 

The problem I am encountering is with files that worked previously as well as new files. I am creating html5 ads and when I go to publish, I get the error that says "Output directory could not be found. Please update and try again." Initially, I thought that I either had moved the folder I was publishing to or I had a character in a file name that isn't allowed. I have double checked both of these things and didn't find anything wrong. I can publish to my desktop but the moment I make a new folder on the desktop to publish to, I get the same error. I have even tried naming the file and the folder with just one letter in the hopes that it really was a naming error I was missing. It did not work. I would prefer not to publish everything to my desktop as there will be a lot of files that I need to keep organized.

I have cleared Animate's preferences and uninstalled and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

using a folder with an illegal name is a known cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The current version has several issues in different areas. Perhaps this is another problem. I recommend that for now you install version 21.0.7 until a new one is released.

Also, please report this issue to the team:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. It does seem to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Do you mind uploading a video showing the issue happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue recently and found out my folder contained this > #3_folder. so I changed my folder to 3_folder without the # and worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a folder with an illegal name is a known cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines