Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapping Outlines

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding Animate CC. I am cleaning up a character and would like to use two colors for the outlines.

When applying the colors it accrues that there is some overlapping.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 11.08.51.png

I tried to change the stack order by using right click/arrange, but everyoption (bring to foreground/background) is greyed out.

I used the pain brush tool for the lines.

Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If you change the thickness of the black parts of the lines, making them 0.1 thicker than the green parts, that will make them cover the green areas. The thicker lines always cover the thinner ones and a 0.1 difference is not noticeable.

Also, you can play with the stroke cap settings to see if you like some better than others.

Clipboard-1.png

You can also select the parts that you want to be on top and make them Drawing Objects / Unions. This is done via the Modify menu > Combine Objects > Union (if you use it often, give it an easy shortcut).

Or, of course, you can put them on a new layer.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. The thickness part I did not now of. That's helpfull. All in all it is a super hideaou process wich will make the cleanup process way more complex.

Is there an option like in Illustrator where you can select elements with the same stoke color? That would make the selection way more easier.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Find And Replace Strokes.

I hope that it should be able to do the job.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with the drawing objects is agile, because it allows you to show that they are separated and you can edit them without affecting another one. I share with you a video where I show the drawing process, using this method, sorry, the audio is in Spanish.

https://youtu.be/fBIC1TbP15k

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines