• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint brush on top or under

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the painbtbrush tool, sometimes new lined draw above previous paintbrush lines and sometimes they draw below previous lines.

So like I do some sketching in one color, and then I go to do some cleanup afterwards in another color, and the new lines appear beneath the sketch lines and other times they appear above them, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what parameters decide this.  All of this is taking place on the same layer.  

I am not interested in doing the work on different layers, because onion skinning and all that becomes complicated and annoying.

Thanks for any help, in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your brush mode:

kglad_0-1641646633731.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem with the Paintbrush tool, so it doesn't have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Songe22554730uxqp wrote:

This is a problem with the Paintbrush tool, so it doesn't have that option.

yes, it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case what I asked wasn't totally clear, it seems to randomly switch between drawing under the last marks and drawing above them.  I can't think of anything that I have changed in between.  It doesn't happen in the same frame.  Or even in the next one.  But like every 5th frame it decides to draw under for some reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your custom keyboard shortcuts.  you're doing something to select one of the modes (other than paint normal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out.  I does it based on the value of the color.  So, as an example, black goes under and white goes over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doubtful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

properties.png

tools.png

Where then is the option to change paint behind/on top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my error.

the info i supplied was for the classic brush tool.  you're using a drawing tablet (i assume) and having trouble with the tilt/pressure/object drawing or some other setting or possible your tablet or possibly your tablet's drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines