Parts of my drawing suddenly filled with black.

Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I've noticed a trend while working on backgrounds for my videos. I'll get one done and it'll look great. I'll save then when i log back in the file has decided to fill in random parts of my drawing with black. Here is a pic to show you what i'm talking aboutcaptureadobe.JPG

This is a mild example. Sometimes When i re-open a file some of the lines are all broken and look like someone raked a piece of charcoal over a paper. I'm tired of having to go back and manually color in the blacked out portions after I know I saved it without it being blacked out. Can someone tellme what's happening, or is it just another adobe-glitch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a glitch.

Don't know what the structure of the background is, but from general experience, such 'glitches' happen when a drawing gets too complex with many points.

Best practice would be to have the elements separated on multiple layers, symbols and so on. This will, hopefully, reduce the occurrence.

What I say is purely from past experience with various versions of Flash. I don't use Animate for serious work (unreliable and unpleasant), so my observations are just from random testing.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue as well. It is extremely unprofessional and ametuer that Adobe has not updated this. It is scene/app breaking. My sene is not complicated at all yet this error is making everything take 10x as long. This needs to be addressed and fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines