• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil won't stop drawing when I lift my Wacom stylus.

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you for your time!

I'm running into a problem where the pencil tool won't stop drawing when I lift my Wacom stylus. I need to lift the stylus tip well over an inch high for the pencil tool to disengage.

This is only happening in complex files. (That have lots of art, layers, and symbols in the library) When I create a new file, I don't have this problem. But if I transfer the art over from a complex/problem file. . . then my newly created file also gets this pencil drawing problem.

I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro M (Medium), with the most up-to-date driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the right drivers for the wacom tablet? Do you have the latest update of Adobe Animate? If you have a Mac and you updated your to mac os catalina then you are probably going to have issues. It always happens with there new os's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Nick, make sure you uninstall ALL Wacom drivers before installing the latest. It could be a conflict with an older driver that is still installed. That's happened to me in the past.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies!

I've discovered what the problem is, and it's a bit odd. I did a fresh install. New computer, new drivers, new everything. 🙂

Opened my "complex file," and the pencil tool works 100%

Then I adjust my workspace layout.

Pencil tool won't stop drawing unless I lift my stylus up very high.

So it's adjusting my workspace layout that appears to be causing the problem. More specifically, I only notice the error immeaditly after I pull a nested toolbar out from a group of other nested toolbars (like grabbing the 'color' toolbar by clicking on it's tab, and dragging it away from the 'swatches' toolbar.)

Other contributing factors:
- Only happens on complex files, new files don't appear to be affected.

My solve for this problem is I manicured my workspace to how I liked it by carefully never removing any nested toolbars. Everything's working now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Glad you worked it out. This may be a bug we can log.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the nib. It worked for me (For those who see this in 2021 July). 

Specs doesn't matter I guess. 

Wacom Intuos Pro Professional Pen PTH-651 Medium on Mac Catalina. 

Issue was there in Illustrator and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines